Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
The ACCESS Florida Program is responsible for public assistance eligibility determination and ongoing case management of Food Assistance, Temporary Cash Assistance and Medicaid.
The ACCESS Florida Program is responsible for State of Florida's Food Assistance Program. The Food Assistance Program helps people with low-income buy healthy food.
A food assistance household is normally a group of people who live together and buy food and cook meals together. If your household passes the Food Assistance Program's eligibility rules, the amount of food assistance benefits you get depends on the number of people in your household and how much money is left after certain expenses are subtracted.
Detailed information about the Food Assistance Program is available in the Food Assistance Program Fact Sheet.
Use Florida's Prescreening Tool to see if your household might be able to get help buying food.
For More Information
For more information, please call the Florida Department of Children & Families, 1.866.762.2237.
Over 60 and Live in Broward
If you require further information or assistance and are over 60 years of age and a resident of Broward County, please call Broward County's Elder Helpline, 954.745.9779, Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Hurricane Weather Links
- Hurricane Model Plots
- National Hurricane Center
- Satellite - North Atlantic
- Satellite - United States
- Conference on the Minority Elderly - Sept 4
- Swing for Seniors Golf Tournament - Oct 29
- Broward Alzheimer's Coordinating Council Conference - Nov 6
- More . . .
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
- Senior Citizen Legal Assistance
- Foreclosure Prevention and Advocacy Project
- More . . .