Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
The Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP) Can Help!
EHEAP is a program which provides assistance for home-energy emergencies to qualified, low-income households with at least one person 60 years of age or older.
What are the Qualifications?
- Are you age 60 or over and reside in Broward County?
- Have you received a "Past Due", "Final" or "Disconnection" notice?
- Are you a United States citizen or a resident alien who is eligible for Federal Benefits?
- Is your total Household Gross Income 150% of the Federal Poverty level or less, as documented by Social Security statements, pay stubs, etc.?
If you need assistance with your energy bill, and believe you qualify for EHEAP, contact the EHEAP center nearest to you.
Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP)
5300 Hiatus Road
Sunrise, FL 33351
Martha Martin, Director of Information & Referral Services
Referrals for the Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) are channeled by the ADRC's Information & Referral Service to appropriate local administering agencies. Applicant households must have a member who is at least 60 years of age, must meet financial eligibility guidelines, and have an imminent energy crisis.
Telephone Number: 954.745.9779
Hurricane Weather Links
- Hurricane Model Plots
- National Hurricane Center
- Satellite - North Atlantic
- Satellite - United States