Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
For Sponsorship Opportunities, contact the ADRC at 954.745.9567. Help raise funds for Broward's needy seniors!
Dr. Nan S. Hutchison
Broward Senior Hall of Fame
Friday, May 16, 2014
Each year, the Aging & Disability Resource Center of Broward County coordinates the Dr. Nan S. Hutchison Broward Senior Hall of Fame, honoring elder excellence in the volunteer sector of Broward County.
Broward residents, age 60 and older, who have dedicated more than five years volunteering their precious time in the county, are eligible for nomination into this elite group of community advocates.
This year's eleven honorees:
- Margaret “Marnie” Allen, Plantation, 64
- William “Bill” Edelstein, Fort Lauderdale, 61
- Rose Manni, Lighthoust Point, 90
- Rita Martin, Oakland Park, 75
- Carmen Morales, Margate, 72
- Professor Anthony Musto, Hallandale Beach, 63
- Soutien Peng, Deerfield Beach, 80
- Jackie Rosen, Weston, 73
- Joseph “Joe” Schwartz, 67, Coral Springs
- Lucy Stevens, Southwest Ranches, 82
- Ilene Weisberg, Hollywood, 69
This year's honorees will join the ranks of the past 366 electees at the 31st Annual Dr. Nan S. Hutchison Broward Senior Hall of Fame Breakfast, which will take place during Older Americans Month, on Friday, May 16, 2014.
- Woodlands Country Club
- 4600 Woodlands Boulevard
- Tamarac, FL 33319
- 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- $40 per person, or $400 for a table of 10.
- Sponsorship is $500, which includes: one seat at a reserved table; publicity prior to, during, and after the event; and the ability to place handouts at each seat.
- For Reservations and More Information
- For reservations, please call Cheryl Morrow, Executive Secretary, at (954) 745-9567, extension 206. A Memory Album Ad Booklet also is being produced for the occasion. For further information, contact Denise Jones, Community Coordinator at 954-745-9567, extention 216
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
- Senior Citizen Legal Assistance
- Foreclosure Prevention and Advocacy Project
- More . . .