Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with our Agency and Project Family.
N.E. Focal Point Senior Services Center
City of Deerfield Beach, FL
Nature of Work
Alzheimer's Center – Case Manager performs professional and administrative duties in the area of case management. Develops and implements case management programs; monitors progress and performs a variety of support services. Knowledge of the techniques, methods, procedures, principles and practices of the medical profession and the ability to apply them. Knowledge of case management principles, protocols, and clinical treatment plans. Knowledge of workers' compensation state statutes, City procedures, and Americans with Disabilities Act. Ability to review, modify, improve, and design case management systems. Ability to review medical reports and accurately make recommendations for case management care. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to operate a personal computer and review, analyze and prepare case management reports. Ability to maintain working relationships with vendors, City employees, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- At least four (4) years of experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
For more details and to apply, visit www.deerfield-beach.com – Click on Departments, Human Resources, Job Postings, Case Manager position listing. A resume may be attached to the application and may also be sent to Frieda Caldes at email@example.com.
Joseph Meyerhoff Senior Center/Southeast Focal Point
Nature of Work
Responsible for the management, supervision and coordination of all project activities and staff. Work involves writing and implementing, as well as administering the approved project grant applications and awards, establishing operating guidelines, supervising staff, overseeing and evaluating adherence to contract provisions, both programmatically and fiscally. The Director is also responsible for working together with the Board of Directors in developing and administering long-range plans and operating procedures, as well as pursuing partnerships and collaborations in the community to promote awareness, advocacy and fundraising opportunities.
- Minimum of three years non-profit management and supervisory experience
- BA in related field
- MS and bi-lingual preferred
For information about the agency and a full description of position go to www.myerhoffcenter.org.
Send a resume and cover letter, along with three professional references, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: References will be checked on final candidates.
Director of Human Services
City of Hallandale Beach
Nature of Work
Serves as the Department Director for the Human Services Department. Performs complex professional and administrative social work. Responsibilities include administering and/or coordinating a variety of social service programs within the Human Services Department. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the City Manager or designee. Performs administrative work in planning, developing, organizing and implementing social service programs and activities for all segments of the community. Exercises administrative direction and general supervision of staff and volunteers. Employees in this class must be able to exercise sound judgment, with clear direction, utilize discretion, fairness and integrity. Performs a wide variety of complex duties, utilizing initiative, analyzing issues and problems, and decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Public Administration or a related field from an accredited institution required. Master Degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years of paid work experience in social services, public administration, mental health, criminal justice or a related area of work which includes a minimum of two years in management or at a supervisory level required.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and maintain a satisfactory driving record throughout employment.
- Certification from the Federal Emergency Management Administration, National Incident Management System IS-700 Introduction to NIMS, IS-800 National Response Plan, IS-100 Introduction to Incident Command, and IS-200 Incident Command for Single Resources or ability to obtain within one (1) month of employment.
- Certification from the Federal Emergency Management Administration, IS-300 Intermediate Incident Command System, and IS-400 Advanced Incident Command System or ability to obtain within nine (9) months of employment.
Applicants who demonstrate they meet the minimum requirements may be subject to an extensive selection process and screening program, which may include, but not be limited to, evaluation of training and experience background investigation; medical evaluation; controlled substance screen.
Applicants are required to sign an affidavit for non-use of tobacco products in order to be considered for employment.
Preference will be given to certain veterans, spouses of veterans, or unremarried widows/widowers of veterans. Proof of veterans’ eligibility must be provided at time of application. EOE M/F/D/V.
Apply online at www.hallandalebeachfl.gov.
POSITION NO.: 10850
Hurricane Weather Links
- Hurricane Model Plots
- National Hurricane Center
- Satellite - North Atlantic
- Satellite - United States
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
- Senior Citizen Legal Assistance
- Foreclosure Prevention and Advocacy Project
- More . . .