Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with our Agency and Project Family.
Nature of Work
Part time position. The Receptionist, as the ñrst point of contact for persons inquiring about or attending programs at NWFP, therefore must present an outstanding positive attitude, be courteous, and compassionate. Position is responsible for answering the switchboard, providing information for a broad range of inquires, and directing callers to the appropriate departments.
- Answer switchboards and provide accurate information for a broad range of inquires, i.e., direction to the appropriate staff member, special events, activities and services.
- Take complaints and provide resolution where possible or directs to the appropriate department.
- Respond to all incoming calls in a timely manner, by the third ring.
- Take complete messages: i.e. caller's name, date and time of call, nature of call, etc. Distribute messages to staff members in a timely fashion.
- Greet all guests of the Center by having them sign the Guest Registry and then notify the appropriate NWFP personnel.
- Greet all volunteers of the Center by having them sign and sign out the Volunteer Registry and notify the appropriate NWFP personnel, if needed.
- Maintain the supply of material available at the front desk and in the bookcase in a current and neat manner.
- Attend staff meetings, training sessions and workshops as deemed appropriate by the Project Director.
Additional Job Functions
Performs other job related tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager or Project Director. Performs emergency response duties as necessary.
Minimum Training and Experience
High School Diploma or GED, Must have a minimum knowledge of Word and Excel software programs. Must demonstrate a cordial and pleasant demeanor and the initiative to resolve issues and questions. Bilingual preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in basic data entry and processing on computers.
- Able to maintain conñdentiality.
- Able to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with NWFP policies and procedures.
- Able to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Experienced in a similar position and familiarity with Senior Center activities preferred.
- Compassionate and knowledgeable of the needs ofthe elderly.
- Reliable transportation to and from Work.
Applicants need to come to the NW Focal Point Senior Center to pick up an application, complete and submit it.
NW Focal Point Senior Center
Margate FL 33063
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
- Senior Citizen Legal Assistance
- Foreclosure Prevention and Advocacy Project
- More . . .