Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with our Agency and Project Family.
Assistant Director of Senior Services
N.E. Focal Point Senior Center
City of Deerfield Beach
Deerfield Beach, Florida seeks a “people first, task second” oriented individual to assist the Director in the operation of the Dept. of Senior Services. Deerfield Beach, with a population of 77,659, is located on Florida’s southeast coast, just north of Fort Lauderdale in Broward County. The City operates under a Commission/City Manager form of government.
The Department of Senior Services provides a comprehensive assortment of programs and services designed to enhance the independence and quality of life for seniors, adults, and children of the City and in northern Broward County. In the early 1980’s, the City partnered to develop the Northeast Focal Point Senior Center. Since then, the N.E. Focal Point Senior Center has grown and now operates an Alzheimer’s Day Care Center, Senior Center, Adult Day Services Center, a Multicultural Adult Day Services program, a Preschool and a Thrift Shop. For additional information on the Department, visit: http://www.deerfield-beach.com/40/Senior-Services-NE-Focal-Point.
Under the direction of the Director, The Assistant Director of Senior Services helps plan, organize, and direct day-to-day activities and functions of the Senior Services Department. Ideal candidates will possess a broad background of experience in senior programing/services/recreation, grant development/administration, budgeting, fundraising, and volunteer coordination.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, public policy, finance, business or related degree, with a minimum of four (4) years of upper level management experience. A master’s degree or other advanced certification is highly valued. In addition, candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, good judgment and decision-making skills, effective public speaking, and strong leadership skills to serve as a positive role model. The starting salary will range from $75,000 - $95,000 depending on skills and experience. If you desire a meaningful career that directly changes lives, then we encourage you to apply immediately, but no later than October 7, 2016 with cover letter, resume and contact information for five (5) professional references to www.GovHRUSA.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Mark J. Morien, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, Suite #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847.380.3240.
Quality Assurance/Grants Manager
Aging &Disability Resource Center
Nature of Work
- Provide quality assurance and oversight of State of Florida and Federally funded programs.
- Manage providers.
- Collaborate actively in quality assurance and oversight of data and data integrity.
- Review consumer information and assess needs to verify appropriate use of funded services.
- Comply with State, Agency, and Program policies regarding client confidentiality.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Participate in coordination and execution of trainings, conferences and other events.
- Periodic travel with Broward County.
- Outgoing and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor's Degree in social work, sociology, psychology, gerontology, or related social services field, plus one year of related work experience.
- Strong writing abilities and spreadsheet skills.
Hours and Compensation
Thirty-five (35) hours per week, Monday through Friday. $27,500 annually with benefits.
Please send resume to email@example.com. All applicants will need to complete a comprehensive computer skills test when interviewed.
Hurricane Weather Links
- Hurricane Model Plots
- National Hurricane Center
- Satellite - North Atlantic
- Satellite - United States
- Conference on the Minority Elderly - Sep 30
- Swing for Seniors Golf Tournament - Oct 28
- Broward Alzheimer's Coordinating Council Conference - Nov 4
- More . . .