Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with our Agency and Project Family.
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County
Nature of Work
Tasks include preparation of financial reports, reconciliations and auditing of subcontractors.
- Accounting Degree or at least 5 years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in an accounting program other than Quick Books
- Experience in governmental/non-profit funding is preferred
- Preferred if experience in Abila (Sage) MIP Fund Accounting Software
Annual salary $27,500 - $32,500 (based on experience) and benefits. 35 hr work week.
Apply online at http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/npo/5005333116.html.
Northwest Focal Point Senior Center
Nature of Work
This is a professional financial position that requires a thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, computerized accounting systems, and specifically, the application of the general ledger as they apply to fun accounting in a governmental environment. The Accountant performs a variety of accounting and administrative duties in the maintenance of accurate fiscal records and reports requiring initiative and independent judgment. Reports to Project Director
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administer the accounts payable and accounts receivable process for the Center.
- Ensure accuracy in the coding of invoices, check payments and revenue receipts.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries to resolve billing discrepancies.
- Monitor and track outstanding account receivables and reimbursements and pursue collection of delinquent receivables.
- Process deposits, transfers, and various other transactions.
- Review financial transactions and accounting of grant disbursements to ensure compliance with federal and state accounting and procurement standards.
- Coordinate payroll with Project Director, City's Finance Department and Human Resources; analyze payroll records to verify accuracy in salaries, time accrued, if directed.
- Develop and maintain time reporting system to allocate payroll expenses to various funding sources and programs.
- Maintain and reconcile various accounts and prepare journal entries and account adjustments to correct deficiencies.
- Prepare standard and custom reports and conduct various detailed financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management, the Board and outside funding agencies.
- Review month-end financial reports for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and financial procedures.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and financial statements for monitoring of Senior Center.
- Assist with annual year-end audit process and provide outside auditors with documentation as requested.
- Prepare analytical reports of various projects and program tracking to ensure proper allocation of project disbursements of various grants.
- Prepare and submit grant funding reimbursement request to outside funders providing proper documentation to ensure proper payment.
- Knowledge of fund accounting principles pertinent to governmental accounting is preferred. Previous grant experience is desired.
- Other job-related tasks as assigned by the Project Director.
Education, Training, Skills
Bachelor's degree with major course work in accounting, finance or closely related field; supplemented by minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in management of financial systems, financial reporting and data analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have financial knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of report and record-keeping principles and techniques.
- Skilled in communications for effective expression and clarity, both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail in processing numbers and figures with a high degree of accuracy.
- Considerable knowledge of financial software. Operate computer terminal, PC and othe equipment and machinery common to a modern business office.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, support staff and other departments.
Applicants need to come to the NW Focal Point Senior Center to pick up an application, complete and submit it.
NW Focal Point Senior Center
Margate FL 33063
Administrative Office Assistant II
City of Hallandale Beach
STARTING SALARY: $36,670
OPENING DATE: May 6, 2015
CLOSING DATE: May 15, 2015
POSITION NO.: 4010
Nature of Work
This position performs a variety of routine and complex clerical and secretarial work in keeping official records and providing support to the department staff.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping, and
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience.
- Certification from the Federal Emergency Management Administration, National Incident Management System IS-700 Introduction to NIMS, IS-800 National Response Plan, IS 100 Introduction to Incident Command or ability to obtain within one (1) month of employment.
Applicants who demonstrate they meet the minimum requirements may be subject to an extensive selection process and screening program, which may include, but not be limited to, evaluation of training and experience; psychological evaluation; polygraph examination; background investigation; medical evaluation; controlled substance screen.
Applicants are required to sign an affidavit for non-use of tobacco products in order to be considered for employment.
Preference will be given to certain veterans, spouses of veterans, or unremarried widows/widowers of veterans. Proof of veterans’ eligibility must be provided at time of application. EOE M/F/D/V.
Apply online at www.hallandalebeachfl.gov.
Hurricane Weather Links
- Hurricane Model Plots
- National Hurricane Center
- Satellite - North Atlantic
- Satellite - United States
- Conference on the Minority Elderly - Sept 4
- Swing for Seniors Golf Tournament - Oct 29
- Broward Alzheimer's Coordinating Council Conference - Nov 6
- More . . .
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
- Senior Citizen Legal Assistance
- Foreclosure Prevention and Advocacy Project
- More . . .