Sign Up for ADRC Event Notifications
Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, Florida
Thank you for your interest in Employment Opportunities with our Agency and Project Family.
Nurse—Adult Day Care Program
We are looking for a dynamic LPN to be responsible for medical supervision and physical care of the clients at a well-established community-based in-facility respite program. Clients are seniors with cognitive and physical disabilities. Working with a team of professionals, the nurse is responsible for medical supervision and physical care of the clients, medical records, medications, and client assessments. Facility is located in Hollywood, FL.
- Licensed in State of Florida
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
- Excellent skills in writing Case and Progress Notes
- Must enjoy working with senior population
- Experience preferred
35 hours per week: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. M-F
Position pays $28,000 annually with full benefits including health insurance, life insurance, disability, vacation and sick time.
Please Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 954.966.9809.
Part-Time Office Specialist
This position is an office support position for the NWFP Senior Center under close supervision. The employees generally shall function in an entry level capacity. Examples of duties include data entry, filing, routine reception work and occasional event assistance. Regular assignments shall be performed with independence and initiative, following instructions received.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates office equipment such as computer terminals, typewriters, and calculators.
- Performs various keyboard duties such as typing routine letter, data entry of registration forms, and sign in sheets. Enter required information for different departments including: Information, Referral, Health Support, Counseling and Transportation.
- Assists with membership registration process.
- Assists with special events when needed.
- Acts in a receptionist capacity, greeting, screening and directing all visitors, calls and inquiries to appropriate departments.
Minimum Training and Experience
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by minimum six (6) months of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of advanced office support functions.
- Considerable knowledge of report and record keeping techniques and filing principles.
- Skills in both written and oral communication for effective expression and clarity.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, support staff and other departments with which position interacts.
- Ability to analyze, organize and review work for efficient results and accuracy.
- Ability to handle a multitude of diverse tasks simultaneously while maintaining an attention to detail for the purpose of ensuring accuracy in task performance.
- Assist with any other job related task as assigned by supervisor or Project Director.
Applicants need to come to the NW Focal Point Senior Center to pick up an application, complete and submit it.
NW Focal Point Senior Center
Margate FL 33063
- Emergency Home Energy Assistance Program (EHEAP)
- Senior Citizen Legal Assistance
- Foreclosure Prevention and Advocacy Project
- More . . .